What’s your why this Lent?
Living in Pittsburgh, PA it seems like everyone is Catholic around Lent. I sometime see and hear people who don’t go to church or make any claim to be into faith at all do things like give up something for Lent or not eat meat on Fridays. While these things can be good in and of themselves, we need to ask ourselves what’s the point? I believe more than anything Jesus wants to grow in relationship with Him.
In today’s #ShareJesus video, Fr. Mike Schmitz examines the why of Lent. Take sometime to understand what was Jesus’s why and to ask yourself what is my why? I believe when we do this, it makes the things we do have much greater meaning and purpose.
Knowing the why will help make your Lent awesome.
Don’t forget to use #ShareJesus whenever you post!
Today here’s a couple of posting ideas to accompany a share of the video (we highly recommend sharing the video from our page on Facebook instead of a youtube link because Facebook gives more play and attention to videos hosted on their networks):
- What does it mean that for Jesus his why is you?
- Share your why behind the things you are doing this Lent.
- Share a time when your faith has been difficult and what kept you going.
- RT our tweets
- Today share the youtube link http://youtu.be/X4Lms10ytQk along with the why behind your Lent, share what keeps you going when your faith is hard, and/or something that spoke to you from Brian’s video.
Taking it offline
- Pray about what it means that Jesus’s why is you.
- Invite someone to church with you today.
- Talk to someone at church about where you are in your faith journey this Lent and what your goals are. Ask them to do the same.
- Continue to pray for those who you want to share the Lord with over Lent.
Today is Sunday! It’s the Lord’s day. Today and every Sunday we celebrate that our God is alive. May the joy of the resurrection touch your life in a new way today.
God bless you,