It’s easy to hit a spiritual plateau and get stuck. How do you grow? What should you do in your prayer life to expand your prayer time?
We need to move beyond the “I could be doing better” to first being cognizant of what God is doing in our life. God rejoices in us and invites us to fall in love.
Tips for prayer:
- Bookend your day.
- Get into habits of prayer and prayer times.
- Steal away some prayer time.
- Acknowledge your need for God in your whole life and the whole day.
- Make growth goals.
Featured saint is Saint Elizabeth of the Trinity, O.C.D. (July 1880 – November 1906).
Quotes from St. Elizabeth of the Trinity:
- “I find Him everywhere while doing the wash as well as while praying”
- “I think that in Heaven my mission will be to draw souls by helping them to go out of themselves in order to cling to God by a wholly simple and loving movement, and to keep them in this great silence within which will allow God to communicate Himself to them and to transform them into Himself.”
- “I am going to Light, to Love, to Life!”
- “It seems to me that I have found my heaven on earth, because my heaven is you, my God, and you are in my soul. You in me, and I in you – may this be my motto.”
- “Believe that He loves you. He wants to help you Himself in the struggles which you must undergo. Believe in His Love, His exceeding Love.”
Her famous prayer is: “Holy Trinity Whom I Adore”
O My God, Trinity whom I adore, help me to forget myself entirely so as to be established in you as still and as peaceful as if my soul were already in eternity. May nothing be able to disturb my peace, nor make me depart from you, o my Unchanging One, but may each moment carry me further into the depths of your Mystery. Pacify my soul: make it your heaven, your beloved abode, your resting place. May I never leave you there alone, but may I be entirely present, my faith completely ready, wholly adoring, fully surrendered to your creative action.
O my beloved Christ, crucified by love, I would like to be a bride for your heart. I would like to cover you with glory, I would like to love you… unto death. I feel my powerlessness, however, and I ask you to clothe me with yourself, to identify my soul with all the movements of your soul, to overwhelm me, to invade me, to substitute yourself for me, that my life might be but the radiation of your Life. Come into me as Adorer, as Healer, as Savior.
O Eternal Word, Word of my God, I want to spend my life listening to you. I want to be completely docile, ready to learn all from you. Then, through all nights, all voids, all weakness, I want always to fixate on you and to remain under your great light. O My beloved star, fascinate me to the point that I could not to forsake your shining light.
O Consuming Flame, Spirit of love, come over me until my soul is rendered into an incarnation of the Word; may I be for Him another humanity in which he renews His whole mystery.
And you, O Father, bend over your little creature, cover her with your shadow, and in her only the Beloved in whom You are well-pleased.
O my Three, my All, my Beatitude, Infinite Solitude, Immensity in which I lose myself, I surrender myself as prey. Bury yourself in me in order that I might bury myself in you while waiting to contemplate in your light the immeasurable depths of your grandeur. Amen