Lent literally means a “springtime” and our prayer is that you will have the most amazing springtime this Lent because you will be inspired to encounter Jesus in new ways but even more so, you will be challenged to #ShareJesus in new ways. Please join us in praying today that God will work powerfully through #ShareJesus.
As promised, here is your first video featuring Fr. Leo Patalinghug but below you have the link to video on Facebook. Remember, the challenge is not to just watch the videos. The goal is to watch the video, pray about it, and share about Jesus in a relevant way today with your friends, neighbors, coworkers, etc both on and off social media.
The videos for the week all look towards the Gospel reading for this Sunday so you’ll also be more engaged at Mass on Sunday with the readings.
Below the video you will find ideas for sharing online on different networks and some ideas for sharing offline as well. Think of the videos and the ideas as prompts to give you inspiration to share your story.
Tips for Sharing Online
Don’t forget to use #ShareJesus whenever you post!
Here’s a couple of posting ideas to accompany a share of the video (we highly recommend sharing the video from our page on Facebook instead of a youtube link because Facebook gives more play and attention to videos hosted on their networks):
- Share about one tangible way you’ve experienced change in your life because of your relationship with God or one way you are hoping to experience inward change this Lent.
- Share one encounter you’ve had with Jesus
- Share about your Lenten Goals
- Be active during our Twitter chat from 4-5 PM EST- we are encouraging everyone participating to join in including our speakers by using the #ShareJesus
- Today share the youtube link http://youtu.be/UFx9Blk4qqg with along with a reason why the Good News is good, one of your Lenten goals, and/or something that spoke to you from Fr. Leo’s video.
- RT our tweets
Tips for Sharing Offline
- Share why you have ashes on your forehead.
- Invite someone to come with you to church today.
- Pray for those you want to share the Lord with over Lent.
- Have at least one conversation where you tell someone a little bit about your relationship with God.
Change doesn’t usually happen instantly so don’t get discouraged this Lent. God wants to speak to you personally over the whole season of Lent. Be available to the Lord and he will use you to #ShareJesus. Thanks so much for your prayers for myself and all speakers who are a part of this journey as well.
God bless you, your family and your Lent!
It’s not too late to invite your friends and family to join in. People can join any time during Lent.