We have a God who is close to us
God is close us to. As we journey through Lent, this Sunday we hear in the Gospel reading that Jesus goes into the desert and is tempted by Satan. We have a God that understands our struggles. Jesus wants to enter into our darkest places, our pain, and our loneliness.
Today Brian Kissinger shares about Jesus and his temptation and 3 quick lessons we can learn from how Jesus overcomes temptation.
God wants to do BIG things in your life and through you. Continue to make yourself available to him to, hear his voice, and continue to be his instrument in sharing Jesus with a world that desperately needs him.
Don’t forget to use #ShareJesus whenever you post!
On Facebook today
here’s a couple of posting ideas to accompany a share of the video (we highly recommend sharing the video from our page on Facebook instead of a youtube link because Facebook gives more play and attention to videos hosted on their networks):
- Jesus knew who he was. What does it mean to be a child of God?
- Jesus knew who God was. How have you come to know who God is?
- Jesus waited and trusted in God. How have you waited upon the Lord?
- RT our tweets
- Today share the youtube link http://youtu.be/JhV83op2Qys along with one way you’ve come to know Jesus, something your relationship with God has taught you about yourself, and/or something that spoke to you from Brian’s video.
Taking it offline
- Take some time today to reflect on who God is and what it means to be his child.
- Encourage someone you know who is struggling in life or in their relationship with God. Write them an encouraging note.
- Ask someone today if you can pray with them and do it.
- Continue to pray for those who you want to share the Lord with over Lent.
Whatever struggles you face, God is here. God will be your strength in the face of temptation, whatever it may be. Know who you are. Know who God is. Wait upon the Lord. He never disappoints.
God bless you,
We love to hear your feedback- share below!