Do you want a rich prayer life?
How is your Lent going so far? One of the most important disciplines we can do during Lent (and anytime for that matter) is prayer. Prayer is where we encounter a living and loving God, who is waiting for us. A lot of times though, prayer can be difficult.
If you are anything like me, it can just be finding the time to pray that’s tough. When you’ve got little children, your time and your day just never seem to go as you plan. Perhaps the things that distract you from prayer aren’t kids. Distractions come in all shapes and sizes; they come before prayer calling us away from the time we desire to set aside. They also come during prayer, taking away our attention and focus.
The Lord is patient. He is waiting for you today. He doesn’t just want to give you stuff. He wants to share his heart with you.
In today’s #ShareJesus, Michael Gormley shares about prayer and gives you 3 tangible ways you can grow in prayer this Lent. Don’t just listen to today’s message. Take it to heart and spend some time in prayer. Then share it on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or email it to a friend who needs to hear it.
How do you pray? How will you encounter the Lord today?
#ShareJesus daily goal: two posts: one with the video and one without. Don’t forget to use the #ShareJesus with each post.
- The easiest way to start evangelizing and sharing your faith is to take the jump. Share from your heart and don’t be ashamed of the good news in your life.
- People are hurting. They need Jesus. Will you share with those you love today?
On Social Media today consider these questions:
- What is prayer to you?
- What’s your biggest challenge in prayer?
- How do you overcome distractions in prayer?
- Share some of your prayer requests today.
Don’t forget on Facebook, please share the video from our Facebook page. This way you’ll get a lot more views than if you share a Youtube link on Facebook.
From Twitter please use the Youtube link http://youtu.be/baQTRG231W0 with your posts and don’t forget to RT our tweets.
Taking it Offline
- Share a prayer request with 3 people today.
- Take some extra prayer time today.
- Teach someone how to pray.
- Spend some time listening in prayer today.
- If you are married, make it a point to give your spouse a few extra minutes to pray today by watching the kids or taking a chore off your spouses plate.
- Continue to pray for those who you want to share the Lord with over Lent.
“Prayer can truly change your life. For it turns your attention away from yourself and directs your mind and your heart toward the Lord.” Saint John Paul II. Let your life be changed today. #ShareJesus!
God bless you,