Today in a special way we remember the humility of our God. Not only does Jesus become man, but he’s willing to perform the role of slave and wash the feet of the disciples. If that’s not enough, he’s willing to give us himself fully by becoming what looks like bread and wine that we will consume. He’s willing to come inside of you and me and dwell within us in the Holy Eucharist. His love is fully poured out to us as we receive Him.
For the Son of Man did not come to be served but to serve and to give his life as a ransom for many.
Not only are we in Holy Week, but today begins the celebration of the Easter Triduum, the Holiest of days for us as Christians. There’s so many distractions in life but during these days refuse to miss out on what God has for you. Don’t allow distractions and busyness to take you away from celebrating and living the reality of the Triduum. God not only became man, he came to give himself completely to YOU. He is love and his greatest desire for your life is for you to experience the reality of this LOVE.
Quick Social Media Tip for today:
Share a picture from Holy Thursday Mass on Facebook Today. BONUS TIP- If you post more than one picture in a post you are likely to get more traction on Facebook.
For sharing on Social Media today:
1. How have you experienced Jesus’ love in the Eucharist?
2. What is Holy for you about Holy Thursday?
The YouTube link to share with your tweets today is https://youtu.be/u3BrVOK–hM Don’t forget to use the #ShareJesus.
Taking it Offline
- Go to Holy Thursday Mass- bring someone with you.
- Imitate Jesus’ example of washing the disciples’ feet by serving others in tangible ways today.
- Take a few minutes to explain to someone what the Eucharist is.
- Pray for continued opportunities to witness to Jesus in conversations with coworkers, classmates, friends, and family members.