“The coming of Jesus at Bethlehem brought joy to the world and to every human heart. The same Jesus comes again and again in our hearts during Holy Communion. He wants to give the same joy and peace.” Mother Teresa.
This week as we wind down the bread of life discourse, I want to simply encourage you that God desires to encounter you and for you to encounter him in the Eucharist this week at Mass. Our God is so humble. Not only did he become man, he transforms ordinary bread and ordinary wine into his very self that we might receive him. He comes to dwell with us in the Incarnation; he comes to dwell in us each week in the Eucharist. This week give your all in Mass. Allow God to speak to your heart. Ask him to surprise you. Give him permission to move in your heart and in your life in a new way.
Ideas for Sharing
Sharing on Social Media this week:
Some questions to consider as you post this week: How do you trust in God when things don’t make sense? What has helped you through a difficult spiritual time? Link to share on Twitter – https://youtu.be/H_WyOmvnR28aking it offline:
- Spend 10 extra minutes getting spiritually ready for Mass on Sunday.
- Pray for someone you know who is having a difficult time in their spiritual life.
- Invite someone to Mass with you this week.
- Pray about getting involved in a new way in your parish this week.
- Pray for your friends who don’t know Jesus by name. Ask God to give you wisdom on how to share your faith with them.