God wants to set you free.
Do you ever feel stuck in a rut? Feel like your relationship with God seems to be at the same place it always is? Perhaps you find yourself habitually committing the same sin over and over again.
Freedom! Everyone wants it. No one wants to give it up. No one wants to be a slave to anyone or anything. Jesus comes to bring us freedom that is real. Real freedom means that both the cross and the resurrection are realities in our life. His story is one of triumph over death and sin. This is the freedom we are invited to enter in to these coming weeks.
As we continue towards Holy Week, the videos for this week and next week will focus on the Passion of Jesus. In today’s video Ben Walther (@BenWaltherMusic) looks back at Moses and how that points us forward to Jesus and the freedom he brings to us.
Quick Social Media reminder for today:
Turn on Notifications on Facebook pages you want to pay attention to. Under the like button on a Facebook Page sign up for notifications. What this does is give you a notification when a page publishes new posts. Use this for pages like ours or your local parish page that you don’t want to miss out on new content from.
Question for sharing on Social Media today:
1. What does freedom in Jesus mean to you?
2. How do you still long for freedom in your life?
The YouTube link to share with your tweets today is https://youtu.be/Oim4w3LaL-A Don’t forget to use the #ShareJesus.
Why should you share the video from our FB page instead of youtube link? Facebook’s Autoplay feature means videos are more eye-catching than a regular post. Plus, Facebook videos get more organic reach in the newsfeed.
Taking it offline
- Pray for freedom from whatever is weighing you down in your life right now.
- Pray with someone you know is struggling that they would experience real freedom in Christ.
- Share a testimony with someone of how God has brought freedom in your life today.
- Pray for continued opportunities to witness to Jesus in conversations with coworkers, classmates, friends, and family members.
“For freedom Christ set us free; so stand firm and do not submit again to the yoke of slavery.” Galatians 5:1. Freedom in Christ isn’t just a nice idea. Freedom in Christ is a real possibility because of the cross and the resurrection I pray this becomes a reality for you this Lent and Easter.