Today I read this beautiful meditation on MERCY, in which it is described as the fire of one heart given to another heart suffering in misery. This fire does not judge but burns and destroys the negativity that has enveloped the suffering heart. The source of this fire is the Holy Spirit.
So often the Holy Spirit is the forgotten person of the Blessed Trinity – but this cannot be! He is the one who leads us to Jesus – the Face of the Father’s mercy. Come, Holy Spirit burn away my pain and sorrow, be my advocate, show me the way to the Father’s mercy!
Do this today:
- 1. Pray, 2. Comment ANSWER THIS: What fears, anxieties, wounds, or brokenness in your life need the purifying, healing, transforming fire of the Holy Spirit? How have you experienced the Holy Spirit at work in your life? 3. Like the Video, 4. Share.
- Read Isaiah 11:1-5 and meditate on the seven gifts of the Holy Spirit or Acts 2:1-11 which describes Pentecost.
- Pray for the Holy Spirit’s presence and guidance – Come, Holy Spirit!
- Share with someone today the actions of the Holy Spirit in your life.
- Consider the different symbols of the Holy Spirit from the Catechism 694-701: water, anointing, fire, cloud and light, the seal, the hand, the finger, and the dove. Which one resonates with you?