It’s amazing to see what God is doing through #ShareJesus. In just two days, we are at 150,000 views of our first two videos. It’s not just about numbers though. It’s about people.
I wanted to share a comment I received from yesterday’s video: I loved that message!!! I’ve stepped away from church these last 6 months and the yearning and hunger for God she speaks of is absolutely present. A constant knocking at my door to return. This Lent I’m going back to Church. This is what #ShareJesus is all about: people encountering the Lord.
Remember the good news is so good it should be shared! Please continue to use these videos as a tool to both grow in your relationship with God but to also #ShareJesus.
Today’s video features Deacon Ralph Poyo. Deacon Ralph examines the Lenten topic of repentance. “We are not the creator. We are not God. We are the creation.” Deacon Ralph calls us to examine ourselves and to come back to the Lord this Lent.
Don’t forget to use #ShareJesus whenever you post!
On Facebook today
here’s a couple of posting ideas to accompany a share of the video (we highly recommend sharing the video from our page on Facebook instead of a youtube link because Facebook gives more play and attention to videos hosted on their networks):
- How have you learned from your mistakes in terms of following the Lord?
- Reflect on how God has been merciful in your life.
- What’s something you are working on overcoming this Lent (i.e. impatience, complaining, gossip?)
- RT our tweets
- Today share the youtube link http://youtu.be/Br0GItmX2hk along with one way you’ve experienced God’s mercy, or something you are working on overcoming, and/or something that spoke to you from Deacon Ralph’s video.
- Join us in tweeting during 4-5 PM EST. During this time we are encouraging everyone participating to join in by tweeting about #ShareJesus by using the #ShareJesus
Taking it offline
- Take a few minutes to examine your relationship with Jesus and how you need to repent this Lent.
- Make a plan to get to the Sacrament of Confession. Invite a friend who has been away from church to join you.
- Ask forgiveness from someone you’ve wronged.
- Continue to pray for those who you want to share the Lord with over Lent.
Even when we continually mess up, God loves us no less. That’s pretty amazing. His love is perfect. Today, I am grateful for the Lord’s mercy and love and thankful that you’ve come along for this journey of #ShareJesus this Lent.
God bless you,
ps. It’s not too late to invite your friends and family to join in! Share or comment below: