‘Preparing the way’ in Advent can seem redundant and repetitive. But what we sometimes fail to remember is that God is moving in the world *today*, right now, even in our own hearts—and that retracing His steps in history can help us see His movement in our own lives.
It is good to remember what Jesus did, to be grateful and joyous about what He accomplished when He lived here among us: and a beautiful side effect of this is that, in reflecting on His story, offering our penances and our hearts during seasons like Advent, we will also see Him more clearly *now*.
QUESTION TO DISCUSS
The questions to discuss today are:
- What are some things in my heart (wounds, disordered desires, fears, etc) that could be preventing me from free and unfettered prayer this Advent?
- What does Jesus’ Incarnation tell me about His love for me?
4 Tips for Taking it Offline:
- Consider the ways in which God’s Incarnation may speak of His love for humanity then, for humanity now, and His love for you as an individual.
- Pray for grace to see His movements in your own life.
- Pray for those who are experiencing darkness, confusion, loneliness, and heartbreak this Advent.
- Offer a Divine Mercy chaplet for someone you know who needs to see and know and receive the love of Jesus this year.
Notes from Andy:
LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD.
Don’t forget to: 1. Pray 2. Like 3. Share and 4. Comment.
SPANISH TRANSLATION: We’ve added English subtitles/captions both on Youtube and Facebook this year. We also have a volunteer doing Romanian captions as well. We would love to have Spanish subtitles as well. If you would be willing to give some time to help with Spanish subtitles, please email me.
You can also now view and share the videos directly on Twitter too (we are pretty excited about that). Here that is:
— Andy Lesnefsky (@RedeemedOnline) December 1, 2015