It’s so easy to be busy. How often are you tempted to answer the question, “how are you?” with “I am busy.” We get consumed by what’s immediately in front of us. Sometimes we are so busy we miss the people in our life and the chance to encounter them. We get consumed by our busyness.
Jesus, however, is consumed by the thought of God the Father and with us. This Lent he wants to encounter us. How crazy is that? The God of the universe wants to spend time with you today. Don’t be so busy you miss the encounter.
Sr. Miriam is back in today’s #ShareJesus Video talking about how we can focus our Lent on Jesus. One of the awesome things she talks about are 3 healing tools of Lent:
- Prayer – heals our relationship with him in prayer.
- Fasting – heals our relationship where we our broken within ourselves with fasting
- Almsgiving- heals our relationship with others through almsgiving.
I pray that you will allow Jesus into all the areas of your life that are broken so he can resurrect them. Use the healing tools of Lent today!
Quick Social Media Sharing Tip for today:
Try to be as natural as possible. Sometimes when I am excited to share the gospel I can rush what I am writing and miss words or even misspeak. What is awkward in face to face communications can be even more awkward in written form. We should strive to present the gospel with grace. The good news is that the easiest way to do this is to keep trying and to let your writing flow out of your life experiences.
Ideas for sharing on Social Media today:
1. How are you using the 3 healing tools of Lent?
2. Where do you need healing in your relationship with God? yourself? others?
3. What can you use prayer for?
The YouTube link to share with your tweets today is http://youtu.be/tJ4wbUqgKb4
Don’t forget to use the #ShareJesus and don’t forget to share the video from our FB page vs sharing the YouTube link on FB.
Taking it offline
- Give to a charity today- practice almsgiving.
- Ask God to heal some brokenness in your life.
- Do an act of charity for a neighbor (shovel their sidewalk, cook them dinner, bake cookies, etc) seeking nothing in return.
- Pray for continued opportunities to witness to Jesus in conversations with coworkers, classmates, friends, and family members.
Free up some time to encounter people today. Free up time to encounter the Lord. I pray that God will continue to work in a new and powerful way in your life this Lent.
#ShareJesus today! We love to hear your feedback. Comment on this video and post below.