God loves me. It seems like the simplest of messages, in fact it’s the basic gospel message. Why is it so hard to believe sometimes? The reality is that we are sinners. The reality is we mess up. Sometimes it seems like darkness surrounds us.
The greater reality is God loves us perfectly for who we are. He loves us no less when we sin. He loves us no more when we do great things. The reality of God’s amazing love for us in highlighted is this Sunday’s Gospel:
For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him might not perish but might have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through him. Whoever believes in him will not be condemned, but whoever does not believe has already been condemned, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.
When we know the reality and depth of God’s love for us, this changes everything. It changes the way we encounter God, the way we live our lives, and the way we are not afraid to share the good news of the gospel. When someone is falling in love you can see it. My prayer is that you will continue to fall in love with Him and that this love will be visible to the people you encounter.
Quick Social Media Tip for today:
If you haven’t yet this Lent, try a picture posting on Twitter or FB of something personal that represents your experience of God, i.e. a picture from a retreat, an image of Jesus that’s been important to you, etc.
For sharing on Social Media today:
1. What’s one way you’ve experienced God’s love in your life?
2. How have you seen God in a trial that you’ve overcome?
3. What’s something you are praying for this week.The YouTube link to share with your tweets today is http://youtu.be/R4cf3isxtM0 Don’t forget to use the #ShareJesus. Remember a Facebook Video share from our page is better than a Youtube Link on Facebook. Taking it Offline
- Plan an extra visit to church this week but don’t go without bringing someone with you.
- Write and mail a note to someone you know needs some encouragement. Share a quick note about God’s love for them.
- Say a rosary today- ask a couple of people for prayer requests and let them know you will be saying a rosary for them.
- Pray for continued opportunities to witness to Jesus in conversations with coworkers, classmates, friends, and family members.
Love changes everything, but we must encounter that love first. That love is embodied in Jesus Christ. Meet Him in prayer today. #ShareJesus today!