On Easter morning I had to hide every piece of candy from our two year old after she was up for about 30 minutes. At first it was funny to watch her devour her Easter candy, but soon she was unstoppable. She was eating her candy and her two older siblings’ candy. Once the candy was hidden, she didn’t stop looking. She devoured even the smallest crumbs of candy she could find. She was not a happy camper when the candy was gone.
Is Easter over for you? Like the sugar high of a little kid on Easter morning, have you come crashing down to reality? We must continue to seek out and live the joy of the resurrection. It’s all too easy to go back to the autopilot of life. God has new things in store for you this Easter, but if you don’t make time for him you’ll miss out. Make a commitment to make Easter the celebration the church proclaims it is in your life.
Today’s video features Zach Eckert (@zachariah_amdg ) talking about overcoming fear and following Jesus.
Ideas for Sharing
Quick thoughts for sharing in social media:
1. What role does fear play in relationship with God?
2. What’s one thing you’ve done to keep getting back up and following Jesus?
Share this week’s video on Facebook and Twitter. The youtube link is http://youtu.be/wirbX0PNVGM Invite your friends to like our facebook page and make sure you are following us on Twitter @redeemedonline
Taking it offline:
1. Pick one new way this week you will try to witness to Jesus at work or school.
2. Look for an opportunity to pray with someone (not just for them, but with them) this week.
3. One day this week, take an extra 10-30 minutes to pray. Ask God for a new experience of Easter in your life.
Where will the Lord take you this Easer? Keep your eyes focused on Him. He has awesome things in store for you.