This passage from this Sunday’s gospel is a great reminder for us in this season of summer. If you have small children like myself, to fulfill this passage you may have to go lock yourself in the bathroom somewhere…but whatever your deserted place looks like, we have the Good Shepherd calling us close to himself.
Busy. Busy. Busy. We can concentrate so much on the task in front of us that we miss out on the people that are right in front of us, including the Lord. When we get away, we are able to stop and be thankful for what the Lord has done in our lives recently, but we are also able to get a sense of vision for our future. I always want the echo of my heart to be “God has done big things, and God is doing big things.”
Without rest, without quiet, without that one on one time with Jesus, we will continue to miss out on hearing the voice of the Shepherd. This week’s #ShareJesus video is a great reminder from Dave VanVickle that Jesus wants to be our shepherd. Let us continue to strive to allow him to be our Lord.
Ideas for Sharing
Sharing on Social Media this week:
Some questions to consider as you post this week: What are some of the big things the Lord has done in your life? What are the big things the Lord is doing in your life?
The YouTube link to share with your tweets today is https://youtu.be/hjTPNHA7Wiw
Taking it offline:
- Take at least 10-15 minutes each day this next week to find some rest in the Lord.
- Make a list of 10 things God has done in your life this past year. Thank him in prayer.
- What is God saying to you in your life right now? Share this with someone.
- Explain to someone what prayer is and how they can experience Jesus on a daily basis.
- Pray for your friends who don’t know Jesus by name. Ask God to give you wisdom on how to share your faith with them.
“The world offers you comfort. But you were not made for comfort. You were made for greatness” Pope Benedict XVI