What if God showed up in your life in a real way?
I am not talking about the end of the world, but the Holy Spirit being present in a tangible way in your life.
This Sunday we celebrate Pentecost. It’s an important feast as we celebrate the coming of the Holy Spirit and the birthday of the Church, but it’s also an important time to ask God to pour out his Holy Spirit upon us in a new way. We celebrate the end of the Easter Season and in a special way God’s invigorating and lasting presence with us through the Holy Spirit.
We all need the newness of the Resurrection in our lives. This is made real with the outpouring of the Holy Spirit upon us. The Holy Spirit might seem like a funny concepts sometimes, but He is real. The Holy Spirit guides us. He enables us to cry out to God. However, you must let him.
This Sunday don’t just celebrate an ancient feast. Live the reality of Pentecost. Invite the Holy Spirit to be a part of your life in a new way. Expect him to show up. He won’t disappoint you.
On Social Media this week consider these questions:
- What is Pentecost? What does it mean to you personally?
- For Sharing on Twitter the link to the video is https://youtu.be/zZFpNzlHmyk
Taking it Offline:
- Give the Holy Spirit permission to do new things in your life this week.
- Invite a friend to come to church with you this week.
- Ask someone to pray with you for the Holy Spirit to be a bigger part of your life. Return the favor.
- Pray for an outpouring of the Holy Spirit on your parish, your pastor, and your community.
O, God, who by the light of the Holy Spirit, did instruct the hearts of the faithful, grant that by the same Holy Spirit we may be truly wise and ever enjoy His consolations, Through Christ Our Lord, Amen.
What did you think of this week’s video? We would love to know in the comments below.