It’s easy to be so caught up in the daily routine that we lose sight of the big picture. Even for those of us who work for the Church and whose calendars are full of Jesus-related events and programs, it’s hard to remember that the power of God is at work in our world every day.
In Jesus’ life on earth, everything He does is flowing from the mission that His Father has given Him. He is continually returning to prayer to hear the Father’s voice and to be empowered by the Holy Spirit to boldly follow the Father’s plan. Especially in events like the flipping of tables and the expulsion of money changers from the temple, we see that the Father’s mission for Jesus isn’t always socially accepted or convenient.
The Father has a unique and personal plan for each of us. He entrusts each one of us with a mission, and we are invited to hear His call each day in prayer.
Today, Ben Walther (@BenWaltherMusic) talks about how Jesus was always aware of His mission and the Father’s great plan.
Quick Social Media Tip for today:
Under the like button on a Facebook Page you can sign up for notifications. This gives you a notification when a page publishes new posts. Use this for pages like ours or your your local parish page that you don’t want to miss out on new content from.
Question for sharing on Social Media today:
- Recognize and affirm someone you know who is clearly following a call from God with their life
- What are some needs in our world that God is asking us, as His followers, to address?
- When have you heard God send you on mission?
The YouTube link to share with your tweets today is http://youtu.be/7rb5HxYv3nw
Don’t forget to use the #ShareJesus.
Why should you share the video from our FB page instead of youtube link? Facebook’s Autoplay feature means videos are more eye-catching than a regular post. Plus, Facebook videos get more organic reach in the newsfeed.
Taking it Offline
- Take time today to ask the Lord to reveal (or remind you of) His mission for your life.
- Look for an opportunity to bring God’s love and truth to someone you encounter today.
- Pray for someone you know who is struggling to find purpose in their life.
- Pray for continued opportunities to witness to Jesus in conversations with coworkers, classmates, friends, and family members.
Ask God today for a bigger vision for your life. Don’t settle for comfortable or convenient plans. Give God permission to flip things upside down in your life if that’s what it will take to follow His call.